Thursday, May 12, 2011

Ripples in the lake of life

When I was a kids we used to go to the lake alot in the summer and I would always try to "skip" rocks. Problem was that I did not have very good technique and usually the rocks just went in with a plop and make little ripples.  Then it became a game to see how big of a rock I could throw in to make the ripples go the farthest.  Well, I think life is like that, only I am the rock that has been thrown.

Have you ever thought about the ripples you have made in your life?  To get an idea, look at your facebook page and see how many friends you have.  Most of these people you have touched in some way.  Maybe it was someone you were not very nice to and you need to make amends, maybe it was someone you were very close to but lost touch, maybe it was someone you barely knew but they really looked up to you.  When someone requests to be my friend on Facebook, I will send them a message to ask how they remember me and if it is only because I am friends with ten of their friends I usually will not add them.  If it is someone I am requesting to be their "friend" I will also send them a message with the request and tell them how I remember them, and then it is their choice to add me or not. 

Somehow I have made ripples in over 100 people's lives and I am not even sure what the ripple was.  Some of the people in my "friend list" have made a ripple in my life.  I want my "ripple" in life to be a positive one.  What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment